This article has been created using EXScan H_v126.96.36.199
Projects generated with the EXScan H software follow a hierarchy based on a parent project, or Project group, and subprojects, referred to as Projects.
This hierarchy is displayed on the software under the tree from the picture below:
This article explains how the project groups and the projects files are organized, why do they have different extensions and how to handle them.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1. Creating and opening project groups
- 2. The Project Group and the Project: file formats and folder organisation
- 3. Working with multiple projects within a project group
- 4. Conclusion
1. Creating and opening project groups
Upon the Scan Mode selection, the software lets the user create a New project group or Open a project group.
- If the user creates a project group, a parent project file will be generated in the defined path.
- If a project group is to be opened, the file explorer will let the user select a project group file.
2. The Project Group and the Project: file formats and folder organisation
The file formats for the EinScan H projects depend on the Scan Mode used.
Therefore, each Scan Mode - Standard, Body or Face Scan - generates files with a different format or extension. The extensions for each mode are listed in the table below.
Since each Scan Mode uses its own file format, you will need to select the proper Scan Mode - Standard, Body or Face - when opening a project group.
On the example below, it can be observed how the Project Group from the project tree (left) organises in the project folder (right):
As it can be observed, the last file Shell2.sln_nrap is the project group file. Its extension indicates that it is a Standard Scan project group.
Additionally, there are a total of 5 project files, which have the extension *.nrap_prj.
Besides that, there are other files for each project. These files include data for each project. Although the user is not expected to operate with these files, it is important to keep them together in the same folder.
3. Working with multiple projects within a project group
The Project group window, integrates 4 functions, summarized in the following table:
|Creates a new project
|Imports a saved project*
|Removes the project from the project tree, but not from the local folder.
It can be imported later, if needed.
|Deletes the project from the project tree and from the local folder.
The project will permanently be deleted and can not be imported anymore.
*Only projects from the same scan mode and with the same resolution can be imported to the project group.
- The scanned data is organised in projects, which are contained in the project group.
- The projects are displayed in the project tree.
- The local folder contains, at least, 1 project group file and 1 project file.
- Each scan mode has its own file extension for both project group and project files.
- Within a project group, projects can be created, imported, removed or deleted.
- When importing a project, it must meet both the Scan Mode and the Resolution of the current project group.
- Deleting a project removes it from the project tree and from the local folder. It cannot be recovered.