The HX is is a portable scanner which can scan with structure light or laser.
This hybrid function makes the scanner very useful but what are the difference between these modes?
|Laser Mode||Rapid Mode|
|Object size||300mm–4m objects|
|Alignment||Targets||Targets, texture, feature|
|System||non-contact/destruction-free measurement systems|
The rapid mode is a structure light scanning system with blue LED.
The strength of this system are:
- Captures more data at once on one surface. Which makes scanning faster
- The light source is safe for the human eye even for longer scanning (that's top for scanning people)
- Can capture textures
- Scans can be stitched together using geometry, markers or texture
Limitations of the rapid scan:
- Problems with other light sources, making outdoor scanning very difficult
- Not quite as accurate as a laser scanner but close to it
- Lower resolution then laser
The laser mode has 7 blue crossing laser lines
Strengths Laser scanner:
- Better for dark and reflective surfaces
- Not as susceptible to other light sources, so easier to scan outdoors.
- Accuracy is a bit better compared to structure light mode
- higher resolution then rapid mode
Limitations Laser scanner:
- Only marker alignment possible
- No texture capturing
- Laser is dangerous to the human eye for longer contact
If you have any questions or problems pleas contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org