First software versions worked with projects. However, with the launch of latest software releases, a new organisation has been introduced: the Workspace or Work.
This 'Work' is nothing more than a parent project, which contains all the different projects from the scan.
It might be that your old project is saved in .rap_prj, .hd_prj or .fix_prj but can not be open when choosing 'Open work' since the only selectable file formats are .sln_rap, .sln_hd or .sln_fix.
As a workaround, to open old projects, you can refer to the steps below:
- Choose the scan mode that you used for your old project.
- .rap_prj is a Handheld Rapid Scan project
- .hd_prj is a Handheld HD Scan project
- .fix_prj is a Fixed Scan project
- Create a 'New work'. Choose a location and give it a name.
- Once a new work has been created, you should be in front of the screen below:
- There are two options to open a project:
- On the right side of the screen, click on the icon 'Project' and select the following option with the same name 'Project'.
- On the left side of the screen, in the window 'Work', click on the 'Open Project' icon.
- A file browser window will open. Select your old project (.rap_prj, .hd_prj or .fix_prj) and open it.
- The old project will be opened in the current work.
Last but not least, please keep in mind that a project consists of different files. All the project files need to be in the same path in order to successfully import a project.
If you have any questions or problems, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.